"I can happily say Michael is the warmest, most inclusive man. Above all, his talent is mind-blowing. I don't know how he does what he does, but it is simply miraculous. I hope I get to work with him again on another project. I hope I get to spend time with this genuine talent and gentle man."
- Patti LuPone: Two-Time Grammy Award, Two-Time Tony Award, & Two-Time Olivier Award Winning Actress. 2006 American Theatre Hall of Fame Inductee (Evita, Les Misérables, Gypsy, The Cradle Will Rock, Sweeney Todd, War Paint)
“Michael Moritz is a musical force of nature. He can arrange, he can MD, he can produce, he can rock any style of music your throw at him. He can also shred a piano (if a piano can be shredded) with the best Rock ’n’ Rollers or R&B players out there. Plus, he’s tall and handsome and girls love to watch him play, so he improves the overall aesthetic of the audience. Finally, he’s my friend and a helluva nice guy to boot.
Actually, after writing this endorsement, maybe I secretly hate him. How come I can’t be THAT guy?”
- Norbert Leo Butz: Two-Time Tony Award and Drama Desk Award winner (Catch Me if You Can, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Wicked, Rent, Big Fish)
“Working with Michael is a true pleasure. He is professional, respectful, easy, supportive, creative, engaged, and fun! I look forward to our next project.
- Bebe Neuwirth: Two-time Tony Award winning actress (Chicago, Sweet Charity, Fosse, Damn Yankees, The Addams Family, A Chorus Line)
"Michael is a master music maker and entertainer. Last year in Orlando, I stood on stage and watched him bring together a 60 piece orchestra with some of the heaviest hitting singers in the industry (from all ages and genres) and, within mere minutes, put on a show that had everyone in tears. We, on stage, felt supported and inspired by Michael's command of the music and our emotions as we attempted to support and inspire those audience members affected by the tragic Orlando nightclub shooting.
Michael was our steady hand and fearless leader."
- Kelli O'Hara: Tony Award winning actress and singer (The King and I, The Light in the Piazza, The Pajama Game, South Pacific, The Bridges of Madison County)
The "Michael is a wonderful musician and producer, who's passion and heart are matched with smarts and great chops."
- Frank Wildhorn: Tony and Grammy Award nominated composer (Jekyll & Hyde, The Civil War, Bonnie & Clyde)
"Do you want excellence? Call Michael. Do you want gorgeous production? Call Michael. Do you want the music to soar? Call him already! And, if you don’t like to call, send him an email. Just get Michael!"
- Andrew Lippa: Tony and Grammy Award Nominated Composer, Lyricist, & Book Writer (The Addams Family, The Wild Party, Big Fish)
“Michael Moritz is a terrific pianist and arranger, and most of all he’s a great collaborator!”
- Karen Ziemba: Tony Award winning actress (Contact, Steel Pier, Curtains)
"I had the pleasure of working with the excellent audio mixer/producer Michael Moritz. I found his work to be excellent in all respects and would highly recommend him as someone who is quick and easy to work with."
- Henry Kreiger: Grammy Award winning, Academy Award and Tony Award nominated Theatre Composer (Dreamgirls, Side Show)
“I worked with Michael on a live album recorded from four different performances at 54 Below in NYC. Mixing a live multitrack recording is no small feat, and with the added element of pulling form multiple shows, each with its own personality, it’s nothing short of monumental. Michael was absolutely up to the task. There was a lot of work to do and he knocked out everything on the list expertly-and with aplomb.”
- Jarrod Spector (Les Misérables, Jersey Boys, Beautiful: The Carole King Musical)
"Michael Moritz did an excellent job of producing and mixing our double album, “Nice Fighting You.” The singers sound amazing! Michael achieved a great sound for a completely live recording. We were really happy with the end result!"
- Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty: Tony Award winning songwriting-team (Ragtime, Once on this Island, Anastasia, Seussical, Rocky, Little Dancer)
"We gave Michael a set of pop and R&B tunes and an overall sound that's not at all traditional cabaret - because we certainly aren't. He ran with it and in the end, gave us something wonderful that honored the original vision and still managed to give a nod to the genre."
- Andy Karl & Orfeh: Tony Award Winning/Nominated Actors and Singers (Legally Blonde, Groundhog Day, Rocky)
“Working with Michael was a dream! We worked together on a VERY large event which was VERY quickly organized. Within one half-hour rehearsal, Michael had memorized every nuance and offered fantastic feedback to enhance my performance. We only needed one quick run of the song in tech with the fabulous band and the performance is one of my all time favorite experiences to date. Michael is a consummate professional, especially under pressure!”
- Catherine Walker (A Gentleman’s Guide to Love & Murder, Ragtime, Mary Poppins)
“Michael Moritz sat in with our honky tonk band and played the absolute hell out of the piano. He’s an incredibly skilled musician that plays both tastefully and soulfully. Most importantly, he is a great guy and very easy to be around and work with.”
- Ben Hope (Once)
“I can’t wait to create a show with him.”
- Ace Young (Grease, Hair, American Idol contestant)
“Michael knows how to please the masses.”
- Diana DeGarmo (Hairspray, Hair, American Idol runner-up)
“Michael is amazing! He is great with kids and always makes sure you know what you are doing before he moves on. He knows how to bring out the best in his performers! Working with Michael on “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” was one of my best experiences so far! I would work again with him in a heartbeat!”
- Luca Padovan (Marvin’s Room, School of Rock, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown, Newsies)
“Michael is an incredibly gifted and talented musical director whose work speaks for itself in its distinct superior quality. Having collaborated with Michael over the past few years on several projects, he is an absolute pleasure to work with. Both at a personal and professional level, there’s no one better in the business! He’s great with all ages and it’s evident he loves what he does for a living!”
- Milly Shapiro (Matilda the Musical, You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown)
“Michael is a great musical director to work with because he teaches you the music while allowing you to discover and interpret the piece in a way that showcases your own individual talents. Michael is extremely professional while keeping a fun environment that encourages creativity.”
- Josh Colley (Les Misérables, Newsies)
“Michael was so helpful in learning hard music and difficult harmonies. He was able to convey what he wanted out of the songs concisely and thoroughly. It was fun and the product was professional and fun for us on stage. He’s fabulous at working with kids and able to relate with us to create a show that is a joy to watch as well as perform.”
- Aidan Gemme (Finding Neverland, Mary Poppins, Waiting for Godot)
“Working with Michael was a creative learning experience that I will treasure forever!”
- Gabriella Pizzolo (Matilda the Musical, Fun Home)
“I recently worked with Michael while he was our music director for “You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown” at 54 Below in NYC. At rehearsals, Michael worked with us to express our characters through our voices and showcase our vocal ability at the same time. He was also very good at helping us perfect difficult harmonies. Michael’s direction was clear, concise and easy to follow. He’s also just super nice! I really enjoyed working with him.”
- Mavis Simpson-Ernst (You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown, Evita)
“Michael has worked with Zach on several occasion as his music director. Each time we have been so grateful for his professionalism and extreme talent.”
- Zach Unger (Big Fish, Chaplin, Newsies)